26. which of the following has contributed to CEO pay rise?
A. The growth in the number of cooperations
B. The general pay rise with a better economy
C. Increased business opportunities for top firms
D. Close cooperation among leading economics
27.Compared with their predecessors, today's CEOs are required to ___.
A. foster a stronger sense of teamwork
B. finance more reaserach and development
C.establish closer ties with tech companies
D.operate more globalized companies
28. CEO pay has been rising since the 1970s despite ____.
A.continual internal opposition
B. strict corporate governance
C.conservative business strategies
D.repeated governance warnings
29.High CEO pay can be justified by the fact that it helps ___.
A.confirm the status of CEOs
B.motive inside candidates
C.boost the efficiency of CEOs
D.increase corporate value
30.The most suitable title for this text would be ___.
A.CEOs Are Not Overpaid
B. CEO Pay : Past and Present
C.CEOs' Challenges of Today
D.CEO Traits: Not Easy to Define
31. Which of the following is true about Madrid’s clean air zone?
A. Its effects are questionable.
B. It has been opposed by a judge.
C. Its fate is yet to be decided.()
D. It needs tougher enforcement.
32. Which is considered a weakness of the city-level measures to tackle dirty air?
A. They are biased against car manufacturers.
B. They prove impractical for city councils.
C. They are deemed too mild for politicians.
D. They put too much burden on individual motorists.()
33. The author believes that the extension of London’s Ulez will .
A. arouse strong resistance.()
B. ensure Khan’s electoral success.
C. improve the city’s traffic.
D. discourage car manufacturing.
34. Who does the author think should have addressed the problem?
A. Local residents
D. National governments.()
35. It can be inferred from the last paragraph that auto companies .
A. will raise low-emission car production
B. should be forced to follow regulations()
C. will upgrade the design of their vehicles
D. should be put under public supervision
36. Generation Zs graduating college this spring----
A. are recognized for their abilities.
B. are optimistic about the labor market.
C.are in favor of office job offers.
D. are drawing growing public attention.
37. Generation Zs are keenly aware________
A.What their parents expect of them
B.How valuable a counselor’s advice is
C.What a tough economic situation is like
D.How they differ from past generation
38. assuage (line 9 paragraph 2)
39. It can be learned from Para. 3 that Generation 2s____
A. give top priority to professional training
B. have a clear idea about theri future jobs
C. care little about their job performance
D. think it hard to achieve wrok-life balance
Suppose you are planning a tour of historical site for a group of a international students
1) Say something about the site
2) give some tips for the tour
You should write about 100 words on the ANSWER SHEET.
Do not use your own name at the end of the email. Use “Li Ming” instead.
Do not write the address. (10 points)